Overview of the football academy
Located on the Mediterranean coast of Spain, The IDA residential football academy in Valencia is the perfect place to experience a new culture and improve your academic and athletic performance.
Our Elite Boys & Girls Soccer Program is designed for international student-athletes aged 14 - 22 that want something exceptional. Valencia is the third-largest city in Spain and has a rich history of art, festival life, and culture combined with great beaches and weather. With three La Liga clubs in the metropolitan area: Valencia CF, Levante UD, and Villarreal CF, you’re sure to build lasting life-long memories.
If your dream is to play professional soccer or collegiate soccer in the states, IDA Valencia can set you up for success.
The IDA Team (Coaches & Executives)
Educational Experts with vast experience in international student placement. High Level Sport Management Executives with experience in both North America and Europe.
Licensed European coaches and Technical Directors. UEFA Pro, A & B License holders.Years of experience:
- Developing 150+ players from all over the world.
- Working with professional clubs, Valencia CF, Villarreal, and others.
- Arranging sports & tournament trips .
- Organizing short and long term player experiences in Spain.
Campus / Facilities
Located in the peaceful town of Torre en Conill Norte, The Mas Camarena Resort & Boarding School is the perfect spot for aspiring student-athletes to grow. Opened in 2018, our residence is less than a 15-minute drive away from downtown Valencia and offers both serene gardens and access city culture.
IDA student-athletes will enjoy a state of the art, comfortable residence with exceptional amenities including study rooms, recreation lounges, dining rooms, cafeteria, turf soccer fields, running and athletics tracks, basketball courts, paddle and tennis pitches, and a swimming pool. Your IDA Valencia experience awaits.
Football training / Coaching
The IDA soccer academy program provides each player with 6 to 8 weekly soccer training sessions and more than 40 games during the year in order for the players to reach their goals.
Student-athletes at the Academy, that come from all over the world, have access to:
The world-class training program with licensed European coaches and Technical Directors. UEFA Pro, A & B License holders.
with different Spanish clubs at all levels, all professional or semi-professional clubs, with a suitable competitive schedule.
High-Level Matches. More than 40 games during the year. Facing some of the biggest names in La Liga such as Atletico de Madrid, Valencia CF or Villarreal CF.
Strength and Conditioning Adapted Program. Individual Strength and Conditioning plan to match their physical needs with their football development. Overviewed by our Coaching Staff at our partner gym Viva Gym.
Nutritional Plan. Our Nutritionist gives a personalized diet to every player depending on their needs so they are always with the necessary energy to achieve their training objectives.
Individual Reviews. Our coaching staff analyzes with the entire team the weekly games in order to reinforce the positives and improve the mistakes.
Video Analysis. The players have their individual weekly slots of time with the coaching staff to go through their games and training actions in order to find ways for improvement.
All of this in a unique environment where the players just breathe soccer 24 hours a day.
MORE THAN 40 GAMES
Upon arrival in Valencia, players will attend tryouts with Spanish clubs in the area, such as Club La Vall, Paterna CF or UD Puzol. Over 18 years old players selected will train and compete in the Spanish youth leagues, alongside their training at the IDA.
IDA will have a separate competitive schedule, made of weekly matches against a different types of rivals depending on the period of the season, from professional La Liga academies to semi-professional academies and top teams from the area.
IDA Valencia will attend the prestigious MIC Tournament in April in Barcelona.
This event has become a compulsory event for football’s greatest institutions. Many of the largest clubs and national teams have joined in the tournament and featured their prominent young players who became big football stars not long afterward.
Pillars of the football academy
Our methodology cultivates academic and athletic success through determination and integrity. We’ve found that our student-athletes strive for more both on and off the field of play. As educators, we believe that our role is to help each student-athlete reach their goals by providing an all-encompassing soccer training and campus environment.
Designed as a stepping stone to either professional football or college soccer in the States, The IDA soccer academy in Valencia ensures a high-level education to student-athletes.
Some highlights include:
* USPA is designed for student-athletes looking for an accredited school that supports its unique schedule, creates a pathway towards their personal, professional and athletic goals, and leverages the latest technology for an on-the-go environment. For more information, visit https://gouspa.org;
* For those that have already finished their high school studies and come to Valencia in a Gap Year, they will experience the Spanish Level 1 coaching course. With a duration of 8 months, Spanish Level 1 is the equivalent of the UEFA B coaching course and will provide our players the training to become a successful football coach;
* All of our players will also attend Spanish classes, which will help them to better experience Spanish culture.
The IDA soccer academy has a mission to help international student-athletes find the most appropriate academic and athletic fit for their college search in the United States.
We help you to navigate the process in order to make the most informed decision possible.
Our team of former collegiate players, coaches, and youth soccer leaders will talk and walk you through the process. We’ll help you navigate everything from fit to the scholarship process and then develop a timeline for your family, acting as a conduit to the U.S. Collegiate Soccer. Use the IDA College Placement Team to prepare you for a successful academic and athletic journey overseas.
College Placement services are delivered by the football academy staff if such a request has been made by the athlete. The services are carried out for an additional payment.
Players will receive guidance throughout the year on what would be their best pathway after IDA.
IDA will support players in their desire to pursue:
* A professional career in football. A professional career either in Spain, other European countries or North America through our agents and collaborators.
* A collegiate soccer career. IDA has great experience in student placement in North American Elite colleges, especially in Ivy League and NESCAC.
Dates & Prices:
1. Full-time Residence (Soccer only) 10 months: August 1 – June 15; Price - USD 40,000
2. Full-time Residence (Soccer + Academics) 10 months: August 1 – June 15; Price - USD 49,500
3. Full-time Residence (Soccer only) for U23 (i.e. they live on their own; the IDA pays for the apartment) - 10 months: August 1 – June 15; Price - USD 25,000 USD.
Important: the accommodation is included in the price.
4. Part-time Residence (Soccer only) 5 months: Aug 1 – December 20 or Jan 7 – June 15; Price - USD 20,000
5. Part-time Residence (Soccer + Academics) 5 months: Aug 1 – December 20 or Jan 7 – June 15; Price - USD 24,000
6. Part-time Residence (Soccer only) for U23 (i.e. they live on
their own; the IDA helps with finding an apartment) - 5 months: Aug 1 – December 20 or Jan 7 – June 15; Price - USD 12,000
Important: the accommodation is included in the price.
The Payment schedule:
10,000.00 Deposit, rest split into 3 installments (July 1, November 1, February 1)
Please, choose the appropriate Date in the section below. Take notice that the prices presented below has a discount offered by Sportlane.
There is a possibility for the applicant/player to receive a merit-based scholarship which equals a 10% discount off the tuition fees. The Academy will review all incoming applications from the athletes regardless of whether they asked for it or not. Two key factors the football academy will take into account are soccer resume and semi-professional experience in football.