EduKick Football Academy in Manchester has been working for the last 13 years already and earned a stellar reputation amongst the players and professional clubs.
This football training program is a 22-week course designed for males only aged 16 years old and above who want to focus on football (soccer) development with academics.
The football academy provides exposure opportunities and soccer education which allows participants to measure their level of play and understand what it takes to become a professional player in the UK. During the 22 weeks, participants will have football training sessions daily under the guidance of EduKick Manchester UEFA qualified staff and participate in regular competitive matches.
Host family or independent student residence accommodation is part of our complete package of service that ensures the welfare, safety, and security of each participant.
The facilities include:
- Full size rubber crumb pile 3G pitch with floodlighting.
- Grass pitch (not full size)
- Fully equipped gym ( Sports Direct Fitness )
- Classroom for game and player analysis on the large white board
The squad competes weekly when possible against other local sides, football academies, traveling teams, and professional sides. These competitive fixtures give the players an opportunity to showcase their talent to the coaches and visiting scouts/club coaches and to put into practice the skills from the football training sessions.
Throughout this sports program we offer a variety of excursions and opportunities depending on your time of stay, all participants on the program can have the option to sign up for these events. Events include trips to professional football clubs for a coaching sessions, UK football trial days, pro training sessions, guest speakers at the school site in Manchester, watching live games in the northwest of England.
EduKick Social Programme
There’s always something to do after school. Our Social Programme is an excellent chance to practise the English that you learn.
Every week, different afternoon and evening activities are organized for you in Manchester. Regular activities include visits to museums, city tours, afternoon tea, karaoke, international food parties, pub nights, cinema evenings, concerts and more. This will give you the opportunity to meet friends, practise your English and see more of England. Throughout the year we also have visited every Saturday to places like Liverpool, Chester, York, Blackpool, and the Lake District
Daily pro football training with UEFA qualified coaches (Monday – Friday) minimum of 2 hours per session
Pro training sessions at the EduKick Football Academy are focused and tailored to develop each player both individually and all players collectively as a team technically and tactically targeting competitive fixtures. In the initial weeks of a program, players will be tested and given feedback on areas for improvement. These tests will be repeated with targets set for each player on a regular basis. Players will be involved in football-specific fitness work to improve stamina, strength and core stability which are vitally required attributes in the professional game. Players will learn about their own responsibilities in play along with team work shape and different systems of play. Players may experience different positions and coaches will try to find the optimum position and role in the games for players.
Regular competitive friendly games against a variety of levels of opponent from local colleges to professional academies
Games will be scheduled based upon the EduKick Manchester squad’s ability level to allow them to put into practice what they have worked on during the daily training sessions. In addition to the regular weekly matches throughout the season, we will schedule ‘target’ fixtures where we will play against local soccer academies or youth teams from the professional clubs. Past examples of fixtures played are against Preston North End, Accrington Stanley, Bury FC, Manchester United Foundation team, Manchester City Shadow squad, Curzon Ashton, Barrow FC, Altringham FC along with many colleges and visiting touring teams in the Manchester area.
Guest coaching sessions with professional football clubs/coaches in the northwest giving you an opportunity to showcase your talent
Within the football academy program, we invite ex-professional players, current club coaches and highly experienced coaches from the UK to our training ground to conduct football training sessions. These are a great opportunity not only to showcase a player’s talent to the pros, but to see first-hand how the professional club coaches work, execute team training sessions, and what they expect. Previous guest coaches include coaches from Blackburn Rovers, Burnley FC, ex-players from Preston, Manchester city and Manchester United along with current players and coaches from a variety of clubs on the PFA sessions. During the 2014/2015 season the players were coached by Manchester United star Michael Carrick.
Entry into the UK football Trials in Manchester twice per 22-week course
You will be able to showcase your talent in front of invited scouts from clubs at all levels of the football structure in the UK and playing alongside some top quality players in the trials. This is a real target for all players to get noticed. At UK football trials on average, they have 12 – 15 different club scouts in attendance, all looking for players. When attending through us players also have the advantage of more information going to the scouts and the UK football trial placement officer. We submit player’s information with notes on their progress throughout their time with us and previous achievements sometimes with links to their own player profile on our website. This information is provided to all scouts in attendance. In recent history we have had EduKick players selected at the events for further club trials with Crewe Alexandra FC, Bury FC, Accrington Stanley FC, Everton FC and Witton Albion.
Academic Options & Education
Participants of the football academy will be able to choose the following options to proceed with their academic education:
English as a Second Language (ESL/EFL)
BTEC NQF Level 3 Diploma and Sub diploma in sports performance and excellence 16+;
US High School ONLINE STUDIES;
BTEC Sub Diploma and Diploma in Sport Performance and Excellence
With all students it is important not only to be focused on the football element of the course but also personal and academic progression. Each student player is enrolled onto the BTEC sub Diploma in Sport Performance and excellence where they will study the following modules:-
– Principles of anatomy
– Fitness testing
– Training and Programming
– Assessing risk in sport
– Psychology of sport
– Technical and tactical aspects of sport
All these modules, which link directly to all the practical elements of this program, are designed to provide all players with a good continuing academic education.
Academically strong students can be guided towards higher-level academic qualifications after successful completion of this initial gateway course.
We feel that the academic component of the program is of great importance. Successful completion will allow all students to progress with their education and give them an accredited qualification to take away with them. This allows students to remain flexible regarding possible future career paths in sport or football-related industries.
22 Week Course Fee Includes:
- Daily pro football training with UEFA qualified coaches (Monday – Friday) minimum of 2 hours per session;
- Regular competitive friendly games against a variety of levels of opponent from local colleges to professional academies (1 game per week minimum). In past we played with с Preston North End, Accrington Stanley, Bury FC, Manchester United Foundation team, Manchester City Shadow squad, Curzon Ashton, Barrow FC, Altringham FC;
- Guest coaching sessions with professional football clubs/coaches in the northwest giving you an opportunity to showcase your talent (minimum 3 per 22-week program)
- Entry into the EduKick Manchester trial showcase events (Minimum 3 per 22-week course);
- Guest speakers from the world of football & Sport (minimum 3 per 22-week course);
- Regular talent exposure through our link with the Professional Football Association (dependent upon availability);
- Team excursions – a trip to watch professional matches (Man Utd, Man City, etc.…) and/or U19/21 professional club matches, squad dinners at local restaurants, 10 pin bowling etc.… (minimum 4 per 22-week program);
- Weekly team meeting with match analysis or training analysis;
- Six weekly Reports & Feedback;
- Online player profile/CV;
- Full training & Leisure kit package for your program, including training tops, shorts and socks, training and leisure tracksuits, hoodies and polo shirts and winter jackets and wet tops;
- Visa support letters subject to requirements and acceptance
- Airport Transfers on Arrival & Departure at the start and end of the course;
- Private return bus transportation between EduKick Manchester school and training facility;
- Academic program – BTEC Diploma in Sport, English language classes or online USA grade 10, 11 o
- Student insurance for the duration of your stay;
- Host family Accommodation – Mandatory for 16 & 17-year-olds optional for those aged 18 and above;
- Independent student residence accommodation – Optional for those aged 18 and above;
- Breakfast & Evening meal – HOST FAMILY OPTION ONLY;
- Daily education classes (BTEC Diploma in Sport, English language classes or online USA Grade 10, 11 or 12);
- Access to a fully equipped Gym 7 days a week;
- Welfare support and guidance;
- 24-hour on-call helpline;
NOT INCLUDED IN COURSE FEES (EduKick Football Academy does not cover):
• Local travel – return transport between the accommodation of your choice and EduKick Manchester School site. Manchester has an excellent public rail, bus, and tram network. The main transport hub is a 5 minute walk from our School site.
• Lunch (if you choose host family accommodation you receive Breakfast and evening meal)
• Breakfast, Lunch & evening meal (if you are 18 and choose Independent student living)Cost and duration of the program
Players may choose any term (course date) they deem fit. Both are 22 weeks of courses of "football + academic education".
Term 1 (22 weeks) – 12 January 2020 - 13 June 2020.
Term 2 (22 weeks) – 23 June 2020 – December 13, 2020.
Cost - 21 990 USD
Deposit is 15% and paid upon registration to the course.
Plus, each player must pay 200 USD (non-refundable) as an application fee.